Wednesday, April 7, 2010

B Screen Thrills - Invisible Invaders

This past weekend I bought a bag of VHS movies for $4.00. Many treasures including this B&W 1959 gem. I'm sure I've seen every single B movie from this era and loved em all. Any movie with John Carradine rates highly with me. Throw B king actor John Agar and Jean Byron in the mix and you can't miss! Jean Byron played Patty Duke's mom on the fantastic, Patty Duke Show. I couldn't place where I'd seen Jean Byron until some hours after I'd watched this epic. Most movies that need a narrator to explain the plot send off a warning signal to this viewer, yet I willingly watched this entire movie (1 hour 17 minutes) just the same. Sure it's an awful film, but at least they didn't spend millions of dollars making it and then try to pass it off as a masterpiece. Films like Invisible Invaders are made specifically for dopes like myself. Quality, logic and great acting are lost on the likes of me. Jeesh, I haven't even mentioned anything about the plot, but then with a title like Invisible Invaders, even when I was 7 years old I pretty much figured out what I was in for. I suppose the best advise I can manage is: just avoid anything that I watch, read, listen to and/or find amusing and you'll be a better person.
RL

No comments:

Post a Comment