Monday, April 13, 2009

Autographs: Jeff Beck



These, my most prized autographs, come from a "meet and greet" back stage in the Chicago Theater 1999 where I actually talked with Jeff Beck for about 25 minutes. The conversation began because when I asked for JB to sign my stuff, he laughed and commented that I looked like Buddy Holly. After he was finished signing everyones pictures and such, I weasled my way over and struck up a conversation. JB said "I'm sorry, but you really do look like Buddy Holly." In return I said "Nothing to be sorry about, most people say that I look like Buddy Ebsen." JB laughed and air-guitared the Beverly Hillbillies theme. Most of the conversation was about american classic cars, and the fact that he was taking flying lessons. Very little discussion about music, or records. Jeff Beck was easy to talk with, he was just like a car guy you'd chat with at a beer party in Westmont Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment