Thursday, January 15, 2009

Miniature Cattle Display

This is the Miniature Cattle Display that brought me to the honorary position I presently hold. Originally I assembled my corral fence using popsicle sticks, but because of the red and orange pop stains I couldn't render that authentic "Old West" look that all the judges are keen on. I ended up dis-assembling my mother's bird house for fencing lumber and the rest is history. The birds that lived in my mother's bird house are also history, but I did see some birds that looked just like em flitting around a neighbor's drain pipe, so I'm sure they're getting along just fine. As Roy Orbison once sang "You've got to break a few eggs and throw a few hands full of gravel to make a good omelet." I think that if Roy had written that song today he would've added "or a good miniature cattle display."
Stay as grand as you are, and please don't be discouraged just because you're not as wonderful as me.
Forever yours, 
RL

  

No comments:

Post a Comment