Monday, February 16, 2009

White Zombie - Big screen thrills

This showing was circa 1971. Was anyone else out there in attendance?
White Zombie is without doubt my personal favorite, my number one pick, top of the list movie of all time. Yet I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone. Shot in black and white, slow paced, over acted, much like a silent film, only with sound. If you haven't grownup with this film, I doubt that you'd enjoy it. But then I haven't grownup much, and I enjoy it. I suppose I'm just easily amused.
Released in July, 1932. Directed by Victor Halperin. Screenplay by Garnett Weston. Starring the magnificent Bela Lugosi along with Madge Bellamy, Joseph Cawthorn, Robert Frazer, John Harron, Clarence Muse, Brandon Hurst, Dan Crimmins, John Peters and George Burr MacAnnan.

No comments:

Post a Comment