Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Wonder Hill - 1914


Click On Images For A Closer View
Even though his work makes mine look like crap, I've decided to share some of the beautiful and odd illustrations of Norman P. Hall, with you. They come from a book titled "The Wonder Hill" by Albert Neely Hall. Yep, two talented brothers worked together to complete this excellent book which was published by Rand McNally & Company of Chicago, Illinois in 1914. I'll be randomly posting these fine illustrations under the title: From: The Wonder Hill. So hold on to your hats, stay tuned to circuswater.blogspot and get an eyeful of outstanding art work by Norman P. Hall.

1 comment:

  1. I had this book when I was a child and I learned to read English by this book. I remember it saying 1914 inside of it. Somewhere in the moves my military family made that is book disappeared. What I did not forget is the joy I had in looking at the wonderful illustrations inside. I though America looked like this. I never forgot about this book and wondered if it were a fantasy of my magical youth in Germany. Thanks for posting these wonderful images of it.
    Paolo

    ReplyDelete